We are just rolling into autumn like summer never happened. The leaves started to change before the kids headed back to school, so I anticipate things will be pretty cold pretty quickly around here. They've already had measurable snow out west. At my age and stage, I'm happy for the cooler weather no matter the season!
We are adjusting to some big changes around here: Claire is back in Kingston, Cole is in his boarding year, Chloé elected to stay and is finding her footing and Caden has started high school! We almost totally settled in a new house, with new spaces, new chores, new routines. Lots of lessons being learned.
With the arrival of autumn we are looking forward to:
- Volleyball training for Caden. He's made it onto the school team and hopefully he will make it onto a town team, but he's all signed up for training through the year.
- Cole and Chloé are back at vocal lessons with Greg. They are not going to perform in the festivals this year, but they do plan on attending the Conservatory Exams.
- Even I got in on things and am all signed up for My Pop Choir. Our first song is Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
- Caden is leaving for the Upper One trip to Temagami - it still fills me with dread. I will hold my breath the whole time he is away.
- Homecoming is coming up and I'm looking forward to it, especially since Claire is expected to come home for it! It'll be nice to have all four in the house even if it is for just one day.
- I've put together a meal plan and look forward to more stews and hearty fare in keeping with the season.
- I've even put together a whole "let's create" plan and look forward to new projects to complete.
- The new television season: The Good Wife, Elementary, The Blacklist, Scandal and Once Upon A Time will watched for sure, as well as the new Tea Leone show, Madame Secretary and Viola Davis in How to Get Away with Murder.
- Derek Jeter retires from baseball on September 28th in Boston for his last game in a Yankees uniform. We'll all be watching.
- Fingers crossed the townhouse is sold and we can finally move all of the furniture and be completely settled in our new space.
- Cole will be sending out his University applications! Blink. It all goes by so fast.
- The Ryder Cup is much anticipated - by me, anyway!
- More plumbers, electricians, heat & air, landscapers and now to find a carpenter.
- I'm taking a virtual Desire Map Workshop and am greatly looking forward to it.
- Thanksgiving should be lovely. Not sure what the plans are, but I know it will include good food, good wine and lots of family.
- Thunderstorms, a roaring fireplace, a cup of tea, a good book and a big blanket set the stage for me to get comfortable atop the new Crate & Barrel couch. I hope to have a chance to do this - a lot!
- Kundalini yoga continues on Friday mornings.
- I'm changing up my coaching to include some more energy and metaphysical aspects. I anticipate it will be fascinating.
- The Worldwide Photo Walk is being held on October 11. I'll probably make a trek somewhere, just not sure where, yet.
- We're looking forward to going into Toronto for a matinée of Wicked. I've read the book, know the soundtrack, but have never seen the musical. I can't wait!
- Writing classes start again in Burlington. Lots of my life happens in Burlington.
- Hallowe'en will be much different in this neighbourhood as it is LOADED with kids. I may just have to carve some pumpkins and put out some decorations. It'll be a nice change after enjoying a couple of years hiatus.
- Mercury will be in retrograde again. Time for me to get lots done!
- Judging from the multitude of signs around town, it looks like we have an election coming up. Since I recognize almost all of the names and most of the signs say "re-elect" I suppose it's just more of the same-old-same-old.
- I'm heading out to The Possible Life event in Burlington which is being headed by a couple of friends of mine. I'm looking forward to it!
- Late in October is Week In The Life time again. I looked at my calendar and put it in. I realized how much of my memory keeping projects revolve around autumn. I think I'm going to have to shuffle a few things in the future!
- Daylight savings - how depressing.
- The TreadClimber will be getting a workout - and so will the new studio!
- In a couple of short months the kids will be writing exams! (Shh. I won't tell them. There's enough pressure!)
- I will continue with my crazy meds and supplement schedule - and IV treatments every Wednesday until they tell me I'm healthy again. Gotta tell you, it better be before Christmas :)
The kids are in key years at school so around here it's all about focus-focus-focus, with a bit of fun and distraction thrown in to help maintain their sense of humour! I realized there is no travel in our plans for the next few months. I must remedy that. Maybe a quick day trip somewhere?
Happy autumn :)